Rollers making your Cannabis joint too tight? Here’s a Pro Tip to solve that problem!
April 2, 2021 by Stone Admin
The average Recreational Cannabis joint roller can fit up to around .5 grams of weed, and the average standard amount of Cannabis flower used in a joint is about .3 or .32 grams, but it all depends on the size of joint a smoker is trying to achieve. No matter how much or how little the amount of herb a smoker uses in a joint roller, it often leads to rolling joints that are too tight to get proper puffs off of. Some smokers get tired of joints in rollers being rolled too tight, so they end up going back to old fashioned hand rolling or Cannabis Pre-Rolls.
But what if there was a way to roll joints in a roller that is already loose and STILL get those nice burns and puffs like a good hand-roll is able to achieve? Well now you can! Here’s the best way to use a joint roller and prevents the tiring struggles of roller-made joints being too tight to get a good puff on.
Most Cannabis joint rollers are typically one to two millimeters longer than the rolling papers they’re meant for, which makes it easier to use a trick that helps achieve nice burns and puffs from those otherwise too tight roller-made joints.
Tools to Rolling Better Cannabis Joints
- Cannabis flower, obviously
- A Cannabis joint roller
- Appropriate rolling papers for the joint roller
- A pair of scissors
- And finally, the key to this trick, two toothpicks!
- A separate optional trick is to use a cotton swab and water to seal the joint, which is easier to accomplish with a joint roller than compared to hand-rolling. This can come in handy if the joint will be shared with other smokers.
Note: It is not recommended to only use one toothpick or your joint could run a lot easier. Running is still possible with two toothpicks, but using two mainly prevents that from happening.
Steps to Rolling Better Cannabis Joints
- Break up the cannabis flower, either with scissors or by hand, until the nugs have all been mostly crumbled.
- Place the belt of the roller or that sleeve of the roller on one end of the roller.
- While the roller is empty, place one toothpick on the opposite end of the belt or sleeve in the roller.
- Evenly add cannabis flower into the joint roller, in the range of .3 to .4 or .45 grams, unless of course it’s one of those large or giant rollers meant for bigger papers.
- Now that the herb is added, place the other toothpick on top of the herb at the same end as the first toothpick.
- Insert rolling paper at the opposite end of the toothpicks. Make sure the paper is inserted evenly and doesn’t go in crooked.
- Wet the paper gum to seal the joint and roll it up.
- Remove the Cannabis joint from the roller.
- You may or may not be able to see the toothpicks sticking out of one end of the joint. If you do, simply pull them out, if not, just fold back the end of the joint a bit and empty a bit of flower out of the joint if needed until you’re able to remove both toothpicks, it shouldn’t take much effort.
- Re-wet the seal line of the joint as needed.
- Be sure to remember which end the toothpicks came out of.
- Loosen up and empty a bit of herb out of the opposite side of where you pulled the toothpicks out of by rolling your fingers around the joint. Also roll your fingers around the toothpick end to fill in the gaps a bit of where the toothpicks were.
- Gently twist up both ends of the Cannabis joint.
- Snip a slight amount of paper off of both ends with a pair of scissors, just enough to still be able to get a good puff on it.
- It is recommended to puff on the end of the joint where you removed the toothpicks and to light the opposite end.
By using this method, it mainly prevents the problem of getting tired of joints in rollers being rolled too tight and just resorting to good old fashioned hand rolling. This will give new life to your Cannabis joint roller so you can put it to good use again. After practicing this method, it will seem natural. The steps described are actually much easier to remember than compared to the words used to describe how it’s done.
We, at The Stone Dispensary, hope this has helped you. We take pleasure in knowing that as the leading Denver cannabis Dispensary we’ve answered a question you had about how to prevent joints in rollers from being rolled too tight!