You may think weed is only about the high, but there is so much more to learn! There are many Cannabis facts that weed dispensaries near me haven’t revealed which you need to know.
Did you know that the cannabis we smoke is not the same as 100 years ago? Our modern cannabis has been selectively bred to contain more THC and less CBD, which have unique effects on your mind and body.
If you’re like most Americans, the reason why you consume cannabis is to alter your state of mind. You might want to speed up or slow down or maybe even stop thinking so much. Many people describe happiness and relaxation when using cannabis, while others can become paranoid, anxious, depressed, or hallucinate. How do these mood changes happen?
Although external factors can influence your mood, whether or not you take home a paycheck or finish all of your work for the day, much of our emotions are driven by the neurotransmitter serotonin. Serotonin flows between neurons in your brain and helps to determine how you feel at any given time. Sometimes serotonin moves quickly and easily, resulting in a generally positive mood. Other times serotonin moves more slowly and produces feelings of sadness or anxiety. The neurotransmitter dopamine plays a role in your feelings as well. If you feel a “rush” when using cannabis, it increases dopamine levels that change the balance between how much pleasure you experience and how much pain.
Cannabis can act as an antidepressant by boosting serotonin levels in the brain, increasing dopamine secretion, and reducing the amount of cortisol (a stress hormone) that your body makes. Most antidepressants on the market increase serotonin. They do not raise dopamine levels or decrease cortisol production, which is just one reason why medication alone cannot be the only form of treatment that a depressed person may need.
CBD, a cannabinoid found in cannabis, can slow down how quickly your neurons pass serotonin back and forth, which is one reason why it is effective as an antipsychotic medication for those with schizophrenia. Those who suffer from frequent nightmares might benefit from consuming CBD as it seems to inhibit the recall of bad memories. Think of it this way, CBD can make your brain produce less cortisol which means you’ll have fewer flashbacks of emotional trauma.
Cannabis contains over 400 chemical compounds – including 120 different cannabinoids such as Tetrahydrocannabinol, Cannabidiol, Δ-8-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), and Cannabinol. When it comes to the euphoric feeling you experience when smoking weed, this is caused by THC binding to your CB1 receptors in the brain.
Nowadays, medical cannabis is mainly used for chronic pain relief and alleviating nausea. However, in other parts of the world, cannabis is still used for its anti-inflammatory properties. It has been reported to inhibit cancer cell growth and even potentially reduce seizures in children with epilepsy.
On the other hand, CBD (cannabidiol) can act as an anti-inflammatory, anticonvulsant, antioxidant, anxiolytic, and antipsychotic agent. It also helps to stop the growth of cancer cells by inhibiting their progression.
So what’s the deal? The cannabis we smoke today is different from the weed that our grandparents smoked. The reason for this is that growers have been selectively breeding their plants to contain more THC and less CBD over time, as customers prefer the more potent high associated with THC, which causes hallucinogenic effects such as hallucinations and paranoia.
However, CBD (the non-psychoactive ingredient) has recently become extremely popular for being used in medical applications to treat a wide variety of ailments – ranging from pain relief to reducing the growth of cancer cells.
The Stone Age wasn’t just for stone-age people (who knew?!). The use of cannabis goes back further than 10 000 years ago when weed was first used in China and Taiwan. Cannabis has been found in fossils! In the tombs of shamans, who lived around 2, 500 BC, dried seeds were found, making them 600 years older than what experts initially thought.
To summarize, our modern-day cannabis provides more psychoactive effects than recreational users generally prefer, and medical marijuana with less THC is mainly used for chronic pain relief.
Did you know that the cannabis we smoke is not the same as 100 years ago? Our modern cannabis has been selectively bred to contain more THC and less CBD, which have unique effects on your mind and body. So if you’re looking into treating a particular ailment with medical marijuana, you might consider doing some research into whether CBD or THC would be more suitable for your condition.
As always, thanks for reading! If you enjoyed this article, hit that heart button below ❤ Would mean a lot to me, and it helps other people see the story.
1) Marijuana has been used as a medical treatment. The first on record dates back to 2737 BC. Emperor Shen-Nung prescribed marijuana tea to treat more than 100 ailments including gout, rheumatism, and poor memory!
2) Cannabis was legal near me up until the 1930s! It was banned because of false claims it made users violent, but that isn’t true. In reality, weed only leads to elevating mood and sometimes makes weed dispensaries near me feel drowsy – not evil.
3) Smoking weed doesn’t just get you high. Weed is also proven to with appetite loss by aiding patients with weed dispensaries near me cancer undergoing chemotherapy, AIDS, and also by lessening anxiety and depression.
4) Since weed became illegal weed dispensaries near me, weed has actually become stronger than ever before. The THC levels in weed cannabis have soared from around 3% weed dispensaries near me to 15 – 20% in today’s weed cannabis.
5) Smoking weed doesn’t make you lazy. This is from the biggest weed dispensary near me of all time! Marijuana makes you more focused on tasks rather than putting them off until later. Researchers found that smoking weed helps certain areas of the brain process short-term memory which improves concentration, making it easier to multi-task.
6) Weed can actually help people heal. Cannabis is an anti-inflammatory weed and contains antioxidants that weed dispensaries near me prevent disease, such as bowel cancer.
7) Did you know weed can be used to make paper? In China’s Sichuan province weed is even made into clothing, shoes, and ropes!
8) Weed was banned in the UK back in 1928 after a very short trial period – only 2 months. Just like weed dispensary, they didn’t give it a chance to prove itself which is why weed has stayed illegal there since.
10) They will soon start growing weed on Mars! No one can escape! By going somewhere far away you will find a weed dispensary near me, even off-planet!
11) A weed dispensary once told weed dispensaries near me that weed can help you with a mental illness, but actually the opposite is true. In fact, weed can be used to treat certain mental illnesses! One study showed THC may be useful in treating psychotic symptoms and preventing conditions such as schizophrenia from developing. [ARTICLE END]
Do any of these facts surprise you? Do you have more to add? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!