For the most part, users of Cannabis know how to make Rosin. They experiment with the home extraction process of using a hair straightener, or those that already have a Heat press machine are far above the newcomers to making the product. Rosin is the extract from Cannabis buds or bubble hash without using harmful solvents or chemicals like butane to produce the concentrate. It is easy to make, and even if you are not a Do It Yourself person, you can always buy Rosin from Cannabis dispensaries within your location.
How To Make Cannabis Rosin And How To Use Cannabis Rosin
The chemical extraction process is for people producing huge quantities from large amounts of material. When done carefully, your yield can be phenomenal, while an inexperienced person can be harmed by dangerous explosions using the wrong equipment or methods. So, don’t try this at home. Leave the processing to the experts.
Things You Will Need to make Marijuana Rosin
- Hair Straightener with a wide surface area
- Unbleached Parchment paper
- Cannabis material- buds, flowers, bubble hash
- Dabbing tool/ metal scraper for Rosin collection
- Storage container- preferably made of silicone
- Protective heat-resistant gloves
- Rosin bag- optional- This is for pressing hash
Because heat is one of the operable processes to getting at the concentrate, the hair straightener you use should be able to produce temperatures of 100-250 degrees Fahrenheit. If the temperature gauge says Low, Medium, and High, don’t worry, you have to adjust the heat for the desired results.
The material you choose for pressing determines the quality and amount of Rosin in your yield, and less heat is the recommendation for extraction. However, if the buds are not of the best quality, you need more significant heat for extracting reasonably good quality products containing substantial percentages of terpenes and cannabinoids.
- Preheat your hair straightener until it reaches the desired temperature. While waiting for the heat to develop, place a small number of buds onto the parchment paper, folding them in half. You can create a funnel spout for guiding the Rosin when it starts extraction into the storage container.
- Place the parchment paper containing the material onto the hair straightener plate and squeeze. Remember to put on your heat-resistant gloves as they help to tolerate the heat and help with the pressure you must use for extracting the amber liquid from your Cannabis buds.
- Press the buds until you hear a sizzling sound emitting from the straightener; this should take no more than a few seconds. It is best to have the straightener on a flat surface for easy handling. Repeat this process until no more rosin comes out of the buds.
- Using the dabbing tool or metal scraper, scrape the Rosin into your storage container. The yield is relative to the number of buds you use. For example, if you press one gram of flowers of the highest quality, you will get 0.2 grams of Rosin.
- The process does take time and patience, but if you stick with it, your confidence will grow, and you can determine what to do on your future pressing expeditions.
Utilizing a Rosin Press for Extraction
A Rosin press can be for either personal uses or commercial production. It is much more efficient than a hair straightener, which does not mean you can only produce inferior Rosin if you only have a hair straightener. Far from the truth, with a good machine and using the process above, your Rosin experience can be just as productive.
Some experts invest in a Rosin press for use at home, even for personal extraction of Cannabis concentrates. The beauty of a heating press is that you can achieve results quicker and press more materials in a shorter time. The cost of a Rosin press depends on your budget to spend. You can buy a press for $120 – $4,000 with all the bells and whistles to enhance your experience.
Some Ways How To Use Cannabis Rosin
Cannabis Rosin is the concentrate you get from the plant buds or flowers after squeezing. The Rosin can be used in different ways, with the desired effects, while you enjoy the experience of the products. Here are some ways to use Cannabis Rosin you may like.
Roll In A Weed Joint
We are starting from the lower spectrum of use. If you roll your joint, thus the application is easy. You can mix a drop or two of Rosin in with your weed and roll. The addition of the concentrate will indeed enhance your recreational experience. You may also want to be a bit more experimental, and by heating the Rosin, you can roll the outer part of your joint in the liquid. Lighting that ‘bad boy will surely give you the ‘kick’ you desire!
Any Cannabis expert will tell you there’s no experience like that of dabbing concentrates. And this is why we include the option, not necessarily a number 2 option; it is the step way above any other methods of using Rosin.
For Dabbing, you need the dabbing tool, dabbing rig, and a blow torch. It is considered the best way to enjoy this solvent-free concentrate while ensuring there is no unwanted after-taste and you get the best flavor profiles you can ever experience.
Enjoy A Good Bowl
Another unique way to enjoy Rosin is by sprinkling it in your bowl. The option may seem like another kind of Dabbing, but it is not. You only need to drop a few drops of Rosin onto your favorite Cannabis strain flowers in your bowl and light up. You may want to compare the two methods and decide which is more enjoyable.
Rosin Infused Edibles
Infusing edibles with Rosin is an easy way to enjoy this marijuana concentrate. Rosin can go into any beverage, whether hot or cold. You can add butter or oils to make cannabutter; adding to homemade candies and other edibles is just priceless; it enhances the flavors of any food or beverage you choose to add the extract. Try It, You May Like It!
Making and consuming Cannabis Rosin is a less controversial option than you may think. Because it is solvent-less, there is no chance of your getting sick from using it. However, the recommendation is for new product users to start slow and go slow. And in which state you reside, it is best to seek advice from the registered Cannabis dispensaries there. They can help you to understand and guide you through your first experience.
Choose to use it at home, where it is safe, and have some trusted friends to help you through your first ‘high’ experience.